15.12.10

Pathology

I am prematurely posting this for no reason other than I am bored.
I just changed my lighting so the highlights/shadows are wrong... I am going to change the colours now too. Everything looks so dead. This is an illustration of the skin and the changes that it undergoes when someone has an allergic reaction to poison ivy. I think I need to make it more fleshy and alive looking. I think the mist in the background and the "sunset" might be a little too dramatic for this... but whatever. We'll see what happens as I continue to paint.



6 comments:

  1. WOWWW IT'S SUPER LANDSCAPEYYYYYYYYYYYY I love it!!
    I guess if you wanted it to be more fleshy you can warm up the picture with some red-ish tones?

    but I think it looks pretty dope already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole!

    It's Cyndy the ex-BMC-er...lol.

    Hope you are doing well. Do either you or your boyfriend want to make some money? I need a website for my business. :) (I own 3 businesses now lol...yes what a crazy life I have led to after BMC).

    If you are busy I understand! Have a fantastic well deserved holidays. I would like to meet up with you sometimes to see how life goes. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! I'm not sure the "mist" is appropriate for the topic at hand, but it sure looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you are sharing your works :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! I love the hollow cavity you've established beneath the skin, it really looks like a layered sheet of cells. The top and bottom of the piece contrast very well, but is this the entire scene or just a portion of it? If this is telling the entire story I might suggest warming up the left (normal?) side. I really love the perspective on the tissue landscape, so epic. Looking great, can't wait to see the further progression!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting everyone! Very helpful suggestions!

    ReplyDelete